Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Year 5 camp!!!

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while....but I'll try and do it more often.
Last week I went on a camp for year 5 only-and it was heaps of fun-and when I say heaps I mean HEAPS!!!

On camp we:
-Did BMX
-Some of us did abseiling
-Went swimming
-Made damper
-This thing called Mission Impossible
-Stayed in a cabin one night, a tent another night
-Learnt about God
-Did compassing/orienteering

The ingredients we used in damper were:
-Sugar
-Salt
-Flour
-Water
-Syrup/honey to trickle over the damper at the end.
We were given a piece of doe to wrap round a stick, then toasted in a big fire.

Mission Impossible was....well....IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Katyx

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great fun - you must have been exhausted afterwards with so many activities. Ian did something the same last year at Abernethy but not the camping outside bit. Was it scary in the dark? Good to see you back on your blog. Speak to you soon. Love Aunty Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our kids had a lovely time making dampers in America, think it must be a non-UK thing. Delishious!

    Camp sounds great: Vicki is planning to take friends camping in France this summer, hope it is as fun as yours!

    Lots of love from us all,

    Auntie Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was GREAT fun!
    I'm still a bit tired though.....
    It was a bit scary, but fun scary, not scary scary!

    I hope Vicki has fun in France-and stays safe.

    Love,
    Katyx

    ReplyDelete